Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Our program is committed to recruiting residents from all backgrounds and providing them with the knowledge, skills, resources, and opportunities needed to become culturally-competent and socially-responsible physicians.
Current DEI Initiatives
Our resident-led Health Equity Committee, in partnership with our residency program leadership and faculty, has been active in several initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Ongoing education for our physicians and Sanford community at large on how to best serve diverse communities.
- Annual clothing and toiletry drive for our area's homeless shelters.
- Expanding our didactic curriculum addressing DEI.
- Lecture series focused on providing exceptional care for our LGBTQ+ population.
- Internal Medicine grand rounds session addressing racial disparities.
- DEI related Research projects.
- Safety and Efficacy of Testopel in Transgender Patients
- Assessment of Hospital Readmissions in Decompensated Cirrhosis: Are We Doing Enough?