It is our commitment at the UND School of Medicine & Health Sciences Center for Family Medicine to provide our residents an environment in which to learn, grow, and meet that challenge.
The curriculum of the residency program is made up of three main components: rotations, lectures, and outpatient clinics. More than 100 enthusiastic community faculty members participate in the teaching program, representing virtually all specialties and subspecialties.New family physicians will play a critical and influential role in facing the challenge of providing high-quality healthcare services within a changing delivery system.
The University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences Center for Family Medicine in Bismarck is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The program has graduated more than 130 physicians. The Center is administered by the University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences. It is a three-year program and accepts five first-year residents annually through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Our program is well respected by both sponsoring hospitals in the community – Sanford Health and St. Alexius Medical Center – and enjoys the support of the local teaching faculty. More than 100 specialists participate in our program.
- Community: The Bismarck-Mandan community combines the progressive technology of a large city with the sincere friendliness of a small town. Rural rotations are available.
- Academics: The UND Center for Family Medicine is a fully accredited residency training program that has graduated more than 130 physicians. The Center is administered by the University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences. It is a three-year program that accepts five first-year residents annually through the National Residency Match Program.
- Workplace: Employee morale is evident as shown by the dedication and enthusiasm of faculty, residents, and ancillary staff, as well as the commitment of faculty and clinic preceptors.
- Salary and compensation: Resident salaries are above the national average for all levels of training, and the benefits are generous.
- Interview and Recruiting: We are here to answer your questions regarding the recruiting and interview process, the community and more. We accept applications through the ERAS and ECFMG systems. Our affiliation with two sponsoring hospitals, Sanford Health and St. Alexius Medical Center, "doubles" your access and choice of attending specialists to choose for your elective rotations.