These resources can help to enrich your experience as an M.P.H. student and jump-start your career.
Job Search Sites
- Emory Public Health Job Database
- North Dakota Department of Health
- Public Health CareerMart
- Minneapolis-area Public Health Organizations (via Macalester College)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- EpiMonitor Job Bank
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists
- American Public Health Association Job Seeker
M.P.H. Bulletin and Manuals
- M.P.H. Bulletin
- Applied Practice Experience (APEx) Manual
- Integrative Learning Experience (ILE)
- Policy Handbook
Career Development Resources
- Career Development Resources
- Preparing Your Curriculum Vitae - Association of American Medical Colleges
- Resume Writing - Rockport Institute
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - U.S. Department of Labor
- UND Career Services - Resume, Cover Letter, Interview, Networking, References, Job Search Resources
Practicums and Fellowships
- USAID Donald M. Payne International Development Graduate Fellowship
- Wisconsin Population Health Service Fellowship Program
- Ramsey County, Minnesota Public Health Internships
- CDC Public Health Informatics Fellowship Program
- California Epidemiologic Investigation Service Fellowship Program
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
- Fellowships, Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists
- Internships & Fellowships, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Internships & Fellowships, American Public Health Association
- National Partnership for Women & Families Internships
- Infectious Diseases Fellowship Program, Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Health Policy Fellows
- Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education Internships and Fellowships
- North Carolina Public Health Association Internships
- Mayo Clinic Internships and Training Programs
Certified in Public Health (CPH) Exam
Become certified in Public Health
Students and alumni of the UND M.P.H. Program are eligible to sit for the Certified in Public Health (CPH) Exam. Read about why you should get certified, the exam, and how to study at nbphe.org.
Benefits of Being CPH
- Stay current on best practices and education through the user-friendly maintenance of certification program
- Assure the community which you serve/protect that you've met and maintain a national, professional standard
- Increase recognition of the public health professions
- Demonstrate commitment to public health beyond your academic training
- Show public health expertise by evidencing mastery of the core sciences of public health
- Protect the public by staying current in public health
- Distinguish yourself from others
- Advance cohesiveness and collaboration with your professional peers by starting from a common foundation
- Raise the visibility of public health
UND School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Room E481
1301 North Columbia Rd
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9037
- UND Office of Extended Learning: The University of North Dakota offers a wide variety of non-academic courses for personal and professional development. All courses are available online.
- UND Career Services: All UND students and alumni, regardless of location, can use our services.
- UND School of Graduate Studies
- UND International Center: Supporting international education, facilitating study abroad opportunities, supporting UND's international population including students, faculty, scholars and dependents, and promoting opportunities for international cultural awareness.
- UND Housing
- UND Counseling Center: A fully accredited facility providing services to the greater University of North Dakota Community.
- UND Writing Center: The Writing Center is a place for students, faculty, and staff to talk about their work in progress with a writing consultant.
Public Health Resources
American Public Health Association
The American Public Health Association is the oldest and most diverse organization of public health professionals in the world and has been working to improve health since 1872.
Center for Rural Health
"We connect resources and knowledge to strengthen the health of people in rural and tribal communities. Our programs serve people within the state, region, and nation. Established in 1980, we are the federally designated State Office of Rural Health for North Dakota. We are a department within the School of Medicine & Health Sciences at the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks, North Dakota."
Rural Health Information Hub
"The Rural Health Information Hub, formerly the Rural Assistance Center, is funded by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy to be a national clearinghouse on rural health issues. We are committed to supporting healthcare and population health in rural communities."
Council on Education for Public Health
"The Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) is an independent agency recognized by the US Department of Education to accredit schools of public health and public health programs offered in settings other than schools of public health. These schools and programs prepare students for entry into careers in public health. The primary professional degree is the Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) but other master’s and doctoral degrees are offered as well."
North Dakota Public Health Association
The mission of NDPHA is to improve, promote, and protect health for residents of North Dakota through leadership in policy, partnerships, and best practices. Student membership is FREE for the first year.
Grand Forks Public Health Department
The Grand Forks Health Department serves as a key health agency responsible for health promotion and disease prevention services for the City and County of Grand Forks, North Dakota.
North Dakota Department of Health
The North Dakota Department of Health provides many resources, including an Health Indicator Dashboard, health alerts, news releases and job postings.
North Dakota Rural Health Association
The North Dakota Rural Health Association brings together diverse interests and provide a unified voice to promote and enhance the quality of rural health through leadership, advocacy, coalition building, education and communication.
Public Health Foundation
"The Public Health Foundation (PHF), [...]improves public health and population health practice to support healthier communities. Since 1970, PHF has developed effective resources, tools, information, and training for health agencies, organizations, and individuals to help improve performance and community health outcomes."
Society for Public Health Education
"SOPHE is a 501 (c)(3) professional organization founded in 1950 to provide global leadership to the profession of health education and health promotion and to promote the health of all people by: stimulating research on the theory and practice of health education; supporting high quality performance standards for the practice of health education and health promotion; advocating policy and legislation affecting health education and health promotion; and developing and promoting standards for professional preparation of health education professionals."
Online Masters in Public Health
An online directory and educational resource for masters in public health students.
M.P.H. Programs List
The largest student public health education website featuring scholarships, internships, training, jobs and careers, interviews and more.
100 Things you Can Do with a Masters in Public Health
Read about the varied career options in public health as well as compare careers and salaries.