Early Assurance Admission
Ensure a spot as an incoming freshman.
Pre-Physical Therapy Early Assurance
Early assurance is a criterion-based early admission program for Pre-Physical Therapy students who have exemplary academic performance during high school.
- Limited to the top 20 most qualified candidates.
- High school GPA of 3.75 or higher.
- Applications become available August 15th for the following Fall.
- Applications will close on May 1st.
- High school seniors apply for admission to UND
- Declare intent to pursue Pre-Physical Therapy on UND admission application
- Complete the Physical Therapy early assurance application (invitation and link to application will be emailed to qualified candidates)
- Priority given to early applications
- Students who are not selected for early assurance are encouraged to apply for admission to the traditional Physical Therapy program through the standard admission process
- One meeting per semester with UND PT Early Assurance Advisor
- Maintain a GPA of 3.25 for all undergraduate coursework
- Achieve a GPA of 3.40 for UND PT prerequisite coursework by the Fall prior to the anticipated year entering the program.
- Progress through prerequisite coursework for the UND PT program as determined by meetings with UND PT Early Assurance Advisor
- Fulfillment of UND essential studies requirements
- Attain 60 observation hours, 40 of which must be with a physical therapist
- One of the following:
- > 90 semester credit hours with the equivalent of an identified minor in a selected discipline
- >90 semester credit hours with a cognate (i.e., area of concentration). The cognate requires at least 20 credit hours in one discipline, with 8 of those at the 300 and/or 400 level(s).
- Bachelor's degree
- Students may only withdraw once from an individual course and may only have three total course withdrawals
- Students may only retake 2 UND PT prerequisite courses.
- Students are expected to comply with all elements of the UND Code of Student Life and interact with peers, faculty, and community members in a thoughtful, respectful manner.
- Pass a criminal background check prior to matriculation within the professional program.