How To Apply
We look at all aspects of your application. We do not rank an application simply based on Step Scores.
We participate in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
Applications for first-year positions will ONLY be accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The program will gain access to applications September 29, 2021. If interested in second-, third- or fourth-year positions, contact us for availability and application procedure.
ERAS Common Application Form, which includes the following:
- Complete Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae listing in detail all U.S. or foreign psychiatry experience
- Three letters of recommendation, U.S. references preferred, if available
- MSPE/Dean's letter from your medical school
- Official transcript for each medical school attended
- Valid ECFMG certificate, if applicable
- USMLE Transcript of Step 1 and Step 2 or COMLEX-USA Levels 1 & 2 (Pass on first attempt each)
- USMLE Step 3, if available (Pass on first attempt)
- USMLE Step 2CS or COMLEX-USA Level 2-PE (pass on first attempt; passing results should be available by mid-February, in order to be considered for our match list)
Application Deadline for each year is November 1.
Other Screening Criteria:
- This employer participates in E-Verify.
- A criminal history check will be conducted on the finalists prior to beginning employment.
- We sponsor ONLY J-1 visas; We DO NOT sponsor H-1 visas.
If your application meets the UND Psychiatry Residency criteria, you will be considered for an interview. Selected candidates will receive an invitation to interview through ERAS. Interviews are scheduled from November through January. Candidates meet with the Department Chair, Program Director and other interviewing faculty and staff.