About the Program
The Histotechnician program (HT) is an educational program in the Department of Medical Laboratory Science at the UND School of Medicine & Health Sciences. This two or three semester online/distance certificate program offers professional training in a vital medical field.
Students who are intrigued by science and interested in a career in healthcare, but do not want to invest the significant resources to complete a degree, are a fit for this HT program. Upon successful completion of this program, students earn a certificate from the university.
UND Histotechnology At A Glance
- PROGRAM TYPE: Online distance education. Entire curriculum is performed at the clinical site.
- PROGRAM LENGTH: Approximately 9 Months
- START DATE: January, May, or August
- TUITION/FEES: Approximately $8,500 Resident & Non-Resident (split over 2 semesters)
- PROGRAM TYPE: 19 Semester Credit Certificate
- EARNING POWER: Average pay of $24.11/hr according to most recent ASCP wage survey
Why do students like UND?
- Flexible On-Demand Distance Education
- Special Flat Rate Tuition
- Work in the field while gaining professional skills
- 92% ASCP BOC Pass Rate
- Career Advancement
- Easy to Use Software (Adobe, Blackboard, Microsoft Office)
- Students have the advantage of learning in the environment they will work.
“The UND on-line histology program is absolutely amazing. It is such an incredibly flexible program that I was able to work around a full-time job, family, and a special needs child. Any and all questions were answered in a timely manner, and the material was well presented. It truly enhanced my 17-year career as an M.L.S. and more than prepared me for ASCP board exam.”
Why do histology laboratories in need of HTs like UND?
- All courses delivered by UND faculty
- Site specific bench training
- UND directed curriculum helps structure training
- Distance education
- Develop talent in-house.
- Employer/employee commitments
- Laboratory staff gains mentor experience
Put our experience to work in your laboratory
Interested Histology Laboratories
To take advantage of this opportunity to let UND help your lab train local candidates, contact the UND HT Program, 1-800-CALL-UND Extension 5976.
Gainful Employment Statistics - Histotechnician Certificate
NAACLS Accreditation Status
The Histotechnician Certificate Program at the University of North Dakota is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) at 5600 N River Rd Suite 720, Rosemount, IL 60018.
HT Program Outcomes
Percentage of students beginning the second half of the program that go on to successfully graduate.
*Minimum Standard - 70%
CERTIFICATION EXAM PASS RATE:
Percentage of Students passing the ASCP Board of Certification HT Exam within one year of graduation.
*Minimum Standard - 75%
Percentage of graduates that find employment (for those seeking it) or continue their education within one year of graduation.
*Minimum Standard - 70%
ASCP - American Society for Clinical Pathology: MLS - Medical Laboratory Science