How to Apply
Apply to the M.P.A.S. Program
It is the applicant's responsibility to monitor their application status on CASPA and complete all requirements. This will include:
1. Students eligible to apply for the M.P.A.S/ program must complete their online application in CASPA.
- Application - CASPA application opens end of April and the application deadline is September 1. Applications submitted close to the deadline may not give CASPA sufficient time to verify the application before interview decisions are made.
- Transcripts - Refer to CASPA for transcript requirements. All prerequisite coursework must be completed and published to an official transcript by the September 1 application deadline. Do not send transcripts directly to the UND PA Program.
- Three strong professional letters of reference. Follow CASPA directions.
- Personal statement
- Health care license/certification. Provide a copy if applicable.
- Documentation verifying experience total hours
- Population of rural health care experience
2. Submit a UND School of Graduate Studies application form.
- References, transcripts, and your personal statement are NOT required with this application since they are submitted to CASPA. However, any transcript(s) verifying the completion of previously in-progress prerequisite coursework is required to be sent and postmarked by the September 1 deadline to the UND Graduate School.
- If your qualifying bachelor's degree (or higher) has not been conferred on your transcript sent to CASPA by September 1, please note your degree MUST be completed by December 31. Once you have graduated, an official transcript showing the conferral of the degree must be sent and postmarked by February 1 to the UND Graduate School. Once it arrives, it will be scanned and attached to your UND Graduate School application.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score submission required of all non-native speakers of English. Only the Internet Based Test (IBT) form of the TOEFL will be accepted. An overall score of 76 is required.
3. Invitation for interview is sent to those selected to move forward in the application process within 3-6 weeks following the application deadline.
Interested WICHE-certified students applying to the program must fulfill the following process:
- The following states support physician assistant applicants: Alaska, Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands, and Wyoming.
- WICHE applicants must be certified by their respective State and should contact their respective WICHE certifying officer for details of the certification process.
- Following certification, WICHE sends out a list of certified students to the UND Physician Assistant Program.
- Students must apply through CASPA and submit a UND School of Graduate Studies application form.
- Upon submission of the completed application to CASPA, UND Department of Physician Assistant Studies will verify that applicants have fulfilled all requirements of the program. Each applicant is evaluated based on multiple factors to include the academic preparation, clinical experience and dedication to rural and underserved populations. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the UND DPAS and arrangements made for personal interview.
- Applicants determined the most qualified are offered admission into the program. Applicants are selected for admission by the UND DPAS Chair in consultation with DPAS Admissions Committee following review of application materials and interview.
- Following admission into the program, UND DPAS faculty and staff work with the student to finalize the transition process including admissions, registration, and financial aid.