RuralMed is a state-sponsored program designed to increase the number of physicians practicing in rural North Dakota.
Students accepted for RuralMed will have the cost of tuition paid for in return for practicing in rural North Dakota.
This program accepts applications from medical students enrolled at the UND School of Medicine & Health Sciences. A maximum of eight students will be accepted each year.
The student must:
- Enroll as a regular medical student at UND
- Maintain status in good standing throughout four years of education
- Enter a graduate residency and receive board certification*
- Establish a full-time practice of medicine in rural North Dakota within six months of completing their graduate residency
- Practice medicine in rural North Dakota for five calendar years