- Our residents work in a thoughtfully designed, new medical center with cutting-edge technology. You will train in the only Level I Adult Trauma Center between Minneapolis and Seattle, and Denver and Omaha.
- Available clinical services are comprehensive, ranging from kidney and pancreas transplantation to trans-catheter aortic valve implantation.
- Fargo-Moorhead has a very high quality of life and has often been recognized as one of the best places to live in America.
- For academic year 2022-2023, we are planning a transition to a block schedule which allows for increased scheduling flexibility, diverse hospital-based rotations, longitudinal ambulatory rotations, and an opportunity to design individualized education which aligns with your career goals.
- We have excellent opportunities for research—since 2013, three of our residents have been national winners of the American College of Physicians Resident Research Competition.
- You will learn to use portable bedside ultrasound in the first year.
- Our first year residents have a formal rotation in quality improvement.
- Recent program graduates went on to fellowships in allergy-immunology, cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, geriatrics, hematology-oncology, infectious diseases, nephrology, and palliative care.
- We provide our residents with many benefits including: American College of Physicians membership, MKSAP Complete subscription, UptoDate subscription, and PEAC (Physician Education and Assessment Center) Internal Medicine: Ambulatory Care Curriculum modules.
A Day in the Life of an Internal Medicine Resident
What our residents have to say...