Animal Laboratory Technician
- Position Type:
4000 Technical-Paraprofessional/4325 General Science Technical/Paraprofessional
- Date Posted:
Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Closing Date:
University of North Dakota - website
- Additional Information: Show/Hide
Hiring Department: Biomedical Sciences, School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $32,000 +/year, Full-Time, Benefitted, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right
corner of this position announcement.
This position will help the Takaku laboratory by performing experiments (molecular biology and/or animal experiments). She/He will also help management of the Takaku laboratory (including maintenance of lab equipment and reagent stock). She/He will have chance to learn cutting-edge genomics and bioinformatics (such as RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq). As she/he will help obtaining data and preparing manuscripts (mainly formatting figures), she/he will be an author of papers in peer reviewed journals.
- Learn/perform molecular biology experiments (PCR, DNA purification, DNA cloning, immunoblot) by following our laboratory’s protocol
- Learn/perform cell biology experiments (cancer cell culture, cell cloning, CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing) by following our laboratory’s protocol
- Learn/perform next generation sequencing based (genomics) experiments (RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, MNase-seq) by following our laboratory’s protocol
- Learn/perform mouse studies (tumor xenograft, IVIS imaging) by following our laboratory’s protocol
- Attend laboratory meetings
- Place orders for reagents, supplies and minor equipment (including quote request)
- Organize lab space to maintain lab productivity and safety
Competencies expected of the position:
- Willing to learn new experimental methods.
- Responsible for tasks.
- Strong organization skills and ability to pay attention to details.
- Capable of communicating and working with other lab members.
- Associates Degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with molecular biology experiments including pipetting, PCR, DNA cloning
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Successful completion of criminal history records check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity
and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification form upon hire.
- B.S. degree in biology, chemistry, or a similar field
- Experience with cell culture
- Experience with animal experiments
- Experience as a research technician