- Fixation techniques; application-appropriate fixatives and delivery.
- Tissue processing; dehydration, clearing, infiltration, embedding, antigen retrieval.
- Paraffin microtomy
Service will include protocols, and advice on tissue processing, embedding orientation, and routine or special staining. Paraffin embedding, processing, sectioning and a staining service that will include:
- Alcian Blue, pH 2.5: acid mucopolysaccharides
- Alcian Blue, with PAS: neutral and acidic mucosubstances
- Aldehyde Fuchsin Elastic: elastic fibers and pathological changes, mucosubstances, fungi, and mast cell granules
- Brown-Hopps Gram Stain: Gram (-) and Gram (+) bacteria in tissu
- Cresyl Violet: Nissl sunstance/bodies in neurons
- Hematoxylin & Eosin (H&E): general tissue staining
- Luxol Fast Blue (LFB): myelin in tissue sections
- Masson Trichrome: collagen and smooth muscle
- Mayer Mucicarmine: epithelial mucin in tissue sections
- Oil Red O: neutral lipids in frozen tissue sections
- Periodic Acid-Schiff (PAS): polysaccharides, neutral mucosubstances, and basement membranes
Other special stains will be made available on an individual basis or will be supplied by the investigator.
Whole Sliding Scanning
- No microscope needed
- Diagnostic quality, high-throughput resolution images up to 40X magnification, ideal for routine scans
- Z-stack feature for thick samples
- Brightfield scanning of H&E, IHC, and special stains
- Ability to observe and analyze fluorescent samples without worrying about photobleaching
- Zoom in and out, pan around the scanned slide just like a microscope