- SciMiner - Bio-NLP (natural language processing) web application for finding molecular target (gene/protein) in biomedical literatures and functional enrichment analyses (Gene, GO, MeSH, Pathway, and PPI).
- SciMiner-VO - Expansion of SciMiner to include the functionality of identifying Vaccine Ontology (VO) terms and indexing PubMed documents with VOs.
Development of a drug-repurposing prioritization system based on high-throughput gene expression/drug perturbation data.
Bioinformatics Approaches to Human Diseases
- Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy (DPN): identification of conserved/unique genetic/transcriptomic signatures and the underlying mechanisms of DPN.
- Epileptogenesis: identification of potential therapeutic targets of epileptogenesis conserved/unique genetic/transcriptomic signatures and the underlying mechanisms of DPN.
- Neurological disorders: identification of pathogenic mechanisms of multiple neurological disorders (such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson, Lou Gehrig's disease) using systems biology approaches combining multiple Omics spaces.
Current external supports
- NINDS R01 5R01NS065957 (MPI: Masino, Boison, Geiger) (6/2018-5/2024)
Role: Co-I Total: $2,254,373
Title: Ketogenic diet and adenosine: epigenetics and antiepileptogenesis
- NIGMS P20 5P20GM113123 (MPI: Bradley, Brissette) HPI COBRE (7/2021-6/2026)
Role: Core Director Total: $778,850 (Core)
Title: Center for Excellence in Host Pathogen Interactions
Note: Establishment of Computational Data Analysis Core (CDAC)
- NINDS R01 5R01NS120926 (MPI: Goutman, Murdock) (4/2023-3/2026 UND)
Role: Co-I Total: $149,556 (UND)
Title: Creating a foundation for personalized age‐ and sex‐based immune‐targeted therapies from an ALS longitudinal cohort by identifying peripheral and central immune signatures.
- NIAID U24 1U24AI171008 (MPIs: Tao, He, Hur)
Role: Co-PI Total: $3,839,270 (8/2022 – 6/2027)
Title: VIOLIN 2.0: Vaccine Information and Ontology LInked kNowledgebase
- NIDDK R01 R01DK130913 (MPIs: Feldman, Hur)
Role: Co-PI Total: $2,555,612 (8/2022 – 6/2026)
Title: Metabolic coupling between Schwann cells and axons is functionally distinct from myelination and is disrupted in obesity, prediabetes, and diabetes