- Post Fixation
- Plastic Embedding
- Ultramicrotome sectioning and staining
- Silver painting
- Sputter Coating
Both SEM and TEM microscopes are available for independent usage once training is completed. Contact Laurie (Kim) Young for training details and availabilities (email@example.com; 701-777-2692) .
We offer a wide variety of light microscopy imaging services including both brightfield and fluorescent imaging. Visit the Light Microscopy page for details about each machine. See Pricing page for rates.
- Note: The Leica Stellaris Confocal, Leica DMi8 Thunder Imager, and Olympus IX83 TIRF microscopes are all Zoom compatible.
Independent usage is available for any of the light microscopes after training has been completed. Contact Sarah Abrahamson for training details and availabilities (firstname.lastname@example.org; 701-777-3399).
Requesting Service Procedure
To request any of the Imaging Core's Services please do the following:
- Complete the online Sample Submission Form found below.
- Imaging Core staff will contact you for remaining details on your experiment as well
as a project request number.
- We highly recommend you wait for a staff member to contact you about your experiment before preparing your sample. You may also contact us prior to filling out the form if you have questions.
- Prepare your samples and clearly print the provided project request number on a label
on the outside of the container.
- All samples must be submitted inside of an appropriate BSL level container.
- Drop off your samples on the cart outside of the Imaging Core (SMHS suite W162) at
the agreed upon drop off time.
- Fixed samples on slides must be completely cured, dry (if sealed), and clean. Samples that do not comply must be picked up, corrected, and placed back on the cart outside of the Imaging Core before services can begin.
- Imaging Core staff will complete your service and contact you to coordinate a pick up time. If you requested imaging services, they will be made available on the Imaging Core server.
- Pick up your sample from the cart outside of the Imaging Core.
Forms and Links
Facility users must acknowledge the Imaging Core facility in any work that reports data collected and processed using either core equipment or staff assistance. The facility is supported by federal funds, which must be acknowledged.
Based on NIH attribution guidelines, users are required to use the following attribution statement:
“Imaging studies were conducted in the UND Imaging Core facility supported by NIH grant P20GM113123, DaCCoTA CTR NIH grant U54GM128729, and UNDSMHS funds."
Please note also that NIH requires that all articles arising from NIH supported work (including work in NIH supported core facilities) must be deposited in PubMed Central and have a PMCID. Please adhere to this policy.