The Department of Sports Medicine is actively involved in the education of Family Practice Residents in the area of sports medicine. In cooperation with the Altru Family Medicine Residency Program and UND Department of Athletics, our faculty provides a variety of experiences in sports injury care.
Areas of involvement include:
- Preseason Screening and Physical Examinations
- Event coverage - service as a Team Physician
- Evaluation of injuries and illnesses to athletes
- Monthly Sports Medicine Seminars
- Teaching in the Athletic Training Curriculum - FMed 312 Medical Aspects of Sports
- Directed Readings and Research in Sports Medicine
- Surgery observations
- Observation of treatment and rehabilitation of injuries at The UND Center for Sports Medicine
- Self-Paced Instruction in Sports Injury Care via Computer Aided Instruction
Currently, above experiences are available to Resident Physicians at the Grand Forks Family Practice Center. Residents at other training sites who wish to take a six-week elective in this area should contact Gregory Greek at firstname.lastname@example.org or for further information and availability.