Six faculty members were recently promoted.
- Robert D. Guttormson, M.D., general surgeon at Altru Health System in Grand Forks,
was promoted to clinical assistant professor in April 2013. Dr. Guttormson earned
his M.D. from the UND School of Medicine & Health Sciences and completed his residency
at the College of Human Medicine at Michigan State University in Saginaw.
- Robin T. Hape, M.D., was promoted to clinical associate professor in April 2013. Dr.
Hape is a general surgeon at Altru Health System in Grand Forks. He is an alumnus
of the UND SMHS, where he earned his M.D. and went on to graduate in 2007 from the
UND Surgical Residency Program.
- Andrew Hetland, M.D., was promoted to clinical assistant professor in April 2013.
Dr. Hetland is a head and neck surgeon at Mid Dakota Clinic in Bismarck. He earned
his M.D. from the UND SMHS and completed his otolaryngology residency at the University
of Wisconsin in Madison.
- Anne M. Keating, M.D., an ophthalmologist at Essentia Health in Fargo, was promoted
to clinical assistant professor in July 2013. She earned her M.D. from the University
of Minnesota Medical School and completed her ophthalmology residency from the State
University of New York in Buffalo.
- Jeffrey M. Pitcher, M.D., was promoted to clinical assistant professor in April 2013.
Dr. Pitcher is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon at Trinity Hospital in Minot.
Dr. Pitcher earned his M.D. from MCH Hahnemann University School of Medicine in Philadelphia.
He completed his general surgery residency at the Indiana University School of Medicine
in Indianapolis and his plastic surgery residency at Washington School of Medicine
in St. Louis, Mo.
- Troy Russon, M.D., an anesthesiologist at the Heart & Lung Clinic of St. Alexius Medical Center in Bismarck, was promoted to clinical assistant professor in June 2013. Dr. Russon earned his M.D. from the University of Virginia School of Medicine and completed his residency training in the anesthesiology program at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.