Student Affairs at the SMHS
Consistent with the goals of the University of North Dakota passed by the University Senate in 1996, the School of Medicine & Health Sciences Office of Student Affairs values and supports the following goals:
- That everyone be allowed to work, learn and live in a safe, caring environment.
- That everyone learn about, understand, appreciate and respect varied cultures.
- That everyone matters.
- That all individuals be respected and treated with dignity and civility.
- That everyone continue to share in the responsibility of making UND a better place.
To this end, the Office of Student Affairs at the School of Medicine & Health Sciences strives to:
- Serve as a resource in promoting educational, career and life goals in prospective, current and past students.
- Expect quality and foster it in all that we do, continually assessing student and institutional performance.
- Act with integrity in all endeavors.
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Recognize our colleagues as the cornerstones of our organization and acknowledge that our strength comes from their empowerment and motivation.
- Appreciate and respect diversity of people, ideas, and thought to create a cross-culturally competent community.
- Encourage teamwork and celebrate success.
- Maximize educational partnerships advancing high expectations for active student learning and engagement.