Financial Literacy Resources
The AAMC's FIRST (Financial Information, Resources, Services, and Tools) program is an excellent financial literacy resource for medical students. This free resource allows students to make informed decisions on a range of financial wellness topics.
Below are direct links to some of AAMC's resources and tools:
- Financial Aid Fact Sheets: Short, informative, printer-friendly fact sheets that cover common financial aid topics.
- SALT: An online financial literacy tool designed specifically for medical students.
- FIRST Videos & Webinars: Videos and webinars that cover paying for medical school, money management, loan repayment, and more.
- MedLoans Organizer and Calculator (MLOC): The MLOC provides a single location for medical students and residents to manage their student loans and view different loan repayment options.
- Education Debt Manager for Matriculating Medical School Students: A step-by-step guide for financing your medical education.
Budgeting Worksheet: Click HERE to utilize the fillable excel Budget Worksheet to help you determine your financial need.
The AAMC has resources to help you create your budget. Before you create your budget, we recommend reviewing the AAMC's Budgeting Basics: Managing Your Money During the Lean Years and Budgeting Ideas and Tips.