Graduate Medical Education Committee
The Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC) will oversee graduate medical education and shall have authority to oversee and determine policy for all aspects of the graduate medical education program in accordance with the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education guidelines.
Source: UND SMHS Bylaws, 2020
- Voting Membership: Voting members shall reflect the number of residency programs sponsored
by the School, shall comply with the requirements of the ACGME and shall be composed
of at least the following:
- The Designated Institutional Official (DIO).The DIO shall be the Chair of the Committee.
- The program director from each of its ACGME-accredited programs or assistant/associate program director when program director is absent.
- One resident/fellow or one resident/fellow alternate of each ACGME-accredited residency/fellowship program, elected by the residents/fellows of each program.
- A quality improvement or patient safety officer or designee. A program director may serve in this position but will only have one vote.
- Nonvoting Membership/Advisory:
- The program coordinator of each sponsored residency program.
- Associate or Assistant Deans.
- One member representing each major participating site may serve on GMEC, appointed by the chief executive of the participating site.
- The GMEC shall meet at least quarterly and keep written minutes.
Approved by GMEC: August 11, 2020