Graduate Medical Education Committee
The Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC) shall:
- Provide oversight of all graduate medical education programs within the School of Medicine & Health Sciences.
- Ensure that all graduate medical education programs are in compliance with their accrediting organizations, including the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
- Voting Membership: Voting members shall reflect the number of residency programs sponsored
by the School, shall comply with the requirements of the ACGME and shall be composed
of at least the following:
- The Designated Institutional Official (DIO), appointed by the Dean. The DIO shall be the Chair of the Committee.
- The program director from each of its ACGME-accredited programs or assistant/associate program director when program director is absent.
- One resident/fellow or one resident/fellow alternate of each ACGME-accredited residency/fellowship program, elected by the residents/fellows of each program.
- Nonvoting Membership/Advisory:
- The program coordinator of each sponsored residency program.
- Associate or Assistant Deans, as appointed by the Dean.
- One member representing each major participating site will be offered the opportunity to serve on GMEC, appointed by the chief executive of the participating site.
The GMEC shall report all actions and recommendations to FAC and the Dean.
The GMEC shall meet at least quarterly and keep written minutes.
(Source: UND SMHS Bylaws, 2017)