UND Forensic Pathology
When called upon, UND's Department of Pathology works with the Grand Forks County Coroner's office to determine cause of death as circumstances require.
As such, the Mission and Goals of the UND Forensic Pathology Center are:
- To provide high quality death investigation in accordance with the law and national professional standards
- To foster public health and safety with respect, honor, truth and integrity for the people, families and communities served
- To educate the next generation of medical and health professionals
- To serve and provide rural communities with excellence in forensic pathology and death investigation services
- To discover and contribute to medical knowledge for health of individuals and communities
We, as a team and as individuals, affirm this mission and state our respect for each other, the community we serve, and the students we mentor and train. We seek knowledge from each case, each other and the forensic and medical community. We work as a team to advance medicolegal death investigation, medical knowledge and serve the learners, communities and families in our area and to extend that knowledge to others in the broader medical and forensic community. Our purpose is to discover the truth for deceased not to make cases.
Truth, integrity, respect, compassion and knowledge are the guiding principles of our practice.
UND Forensic Pathology Practice Center
1451 44th Avenue South, Unit G
Grand Forks, ND 58201
Mary Ann Sens, M.D., Ph.D.
Mark Koponen, M.D.
Walter Kemp, M.D., Ph.D.
Rhome Hughes, M.D.
Edward Bina, D-ABMDI