Fieldwork Educator Incentives
We value opportunities to recognize and support your teaching and clinical expertise, and opportunities to partner with you in developing quality learning experiences for our students.
- Certificates of appreciation (available upon request) recognizing hours spent in student instruction. You can use this document to verify CEU units for state licensure or NBCOT renewal.
- Access to online resources for fieldwork educator training. A list of current online training resources will be provided upon request.
- Campus library privileges are now available upon your request. As a fieldwork educator you can gain access to the excellent library materials available through the UND School of Medicine & Health Sciences library.
- Opportunities to participate in research publications and presentations with OT faculty and students.
- Opportunities to partner with faculty and students in scholarship efforts. Faculty are always looking for clinical scenarios/problems for students to address in graduate scholarship (see Final Capstone Project).
- Access to a list of textbooks recommended by faculty which represent professional practice updates across the curriculum
- Yearly continuing education courses offered on topics of clinical interest at a reasonable cost.
- Access to a departmental newsletter featuring the accomplishments of fieldwork educators, alumni and faculty
- Sponsorship of regional AOTA fieldwork certificate workshops and support in the form of a $100.00 dollar voucher for all UND fieldwork educators
Recruitment assistance: We will advertise any open positions you have to our past and present students. Please provide a description of your position to one of our fieldwork coordinators at debra.hanson@UND.edu or cherie.graves@UND.edu.
Outstanding Fieldwork Educator Award
We realize that many fieldwork educators excel at their work, and yet are rarely recognized. Please take time to nominate an outstanding colleague or yourself for this award! Students, please take the initiative to nominate your outstanding fieldwork educators! Nominations are due by December 1 each year and come with a monetary award of $250.
Contact Fieldwork Coordinators
If you are not yet affiliated with our program as a fieldwork educator, what are you waiting for?