Proposal Routing Form
All proposals submitted for external funding must include a Proposal Routing Form (proposal transmittal form) with signatures indicating approval by the Principal Investigator, Department Chairperson, Grants Manager, Associate Dean for Research, Dean, UND Research & Sponsored Programs Development Office, and any relevant compliance committees. Some internal seed grant proposal programs at the University also require the use of a Proposal Routing Form, so please check with that seed grant committee for clarification.
- Proposal Routing Form - This form is to be completed electronically, printed out, and attached to the grant proposal at the time of routing. Note for Mac Users: Go to file.page set up and set the left and right margins to .25 and it should print out better than the predetermined settings.
- Routing a proposal for signatures does require the review and signature of five or more individuals before it reaches the central office, so please allow enough time to obtain all the required signatures and still meet the central office five day deadline request.
- If more than one department within the SMHS is involved with the proposal, the Department Chairperson for each department involved must sign the Proposal Routing Form.
- If another UND department outside of the SMHS is involved with the proposal, a second routing form is necessary for that department.
- Keep in mind that proposals involving multiple departments outside of the SMHS require the development of an F&A Cost Return Distribution Memo regarding how the return of indirect costs will be split between the departments. An example of this memo can be found under the Proposal Resources tab Budget Information/Justification section of this website.
- All proposals requesting matching funds from the UND Division of Research must include a Matching Funds Request Form.