- Campus Offices
- Continuing Medical Education
- Degree Programs
- Education Resources
- Indians Into Medicine
- Interprofessional Education
- Library Resources
- Simulation Center
- Residency Programs
- Areas of Research
- Grant Resources
- Research Experience for Medical Students (REMS)
- Research Centers
- Center for Comparative Effectiveness Analytics
- Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research (CHPPR)
- Center for Neurodegenerative Disorder Research
- Center of Biomedical Research Excellence in the Epigenomics of Development and Disease
- Center of Excellence for Host-Pathogen Interactions
- North Dakota IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)
- Rural Health Reform Policy Research Center
- Clinical Centers
- Service Centers
- Center for Rural Health
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Center
- Mobile Simulation (SIM-ND)
- National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- North Dakota Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub)
- Rural Surgery Support Program
- Simulation Center
- About Us
- Admissions Overview
- Application Process
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- INMED Program
- WICHE Program
- MD/PhD Program
- Medical Student Handbook
- Total Wellness Program
- Course Registration Guide
- ERAS Letter Upload Designees
- Campus Dean and Student Affairs Dean Duties
- Medical Student Financial Aid
- Aid Eligibility
- Aid Application Process
- Aid Award Process
- Cost of Attendance
- Student Loans
- Student Employment
- Tuition and Fee Rates
- Medical Student Financial Wellness
- Financial Literacy Resources
- Loan Repayment Options
- Medical Student Financial Wellness Events
- UND Financial Wellness Resources
- Careers in Medicine
- Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
- Visiting Student Application (VSAS)
- Electronic Residency Application (ERAS)
- National Residency Matching Program
- AAMC Graduation Questionnaire
Financial Literacy Resources
The AAMC's FIRST (Financial Information, Resources, Services, and Tools) program is an excellent financial literacy resource for medical students. This free resource allows students to make informed decisions on a range of financial wellness topics.
Below are direct links to some of AAMC's resources and tools:
- Financial Aid Fact Sheets: Short, informative, printer-friendly fact sheets that cover common financial aid topics.
- SALT: An online financial literacy tool designed specifically for medical students.
- FIRST Videos & Webinars: Videos and webinars that cover paying for medical school, money management, loan repayment, and more.
- MedLoans Organizer and Calculator (MLOC): The MLOC provides a single location for medical students and residents to manage their student loans and view different loan repayment options.
Education Debt Manager for Matriculating Medical School Students: A step-by-step guide for financing your medical education.
Budgeting Worksheet: Click HERE to utilize the fillable excel Budget Worksheet to help you determine your financial need.
The AAMC has resources to help you create your budget. Before you create your budget, we recommend reviewing the AAMC's Budgeting Basics: Managing Your Money During the Lean Years and Budgeting Ideas and Tips.
Money Management Websites
Mint.com is a free, online, financial management service.
Mymoney.gov is a free online financial literacy tool created by the Federal Financial Literacy and Education Commission.
Five Ways to Help Protect Your Identity
What to Do If You're a Victim of Identity Theft