- Campus Offices
- Continuing Medical Education
- Degree Programs
- Education Resources
- Indians Into Medicine
- Interprofessional Education
- Library Resources
- Simulation Center
- Residency Programs
- Areas of Research
- Grant Resources
- Research Experience for Medical Students (REMS)
- Research Centers
- Center for Comparative Effectiveness Analytics
- Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research (CHPPR)
- Center for Neurodegenerative Disorder Research
- Center of Biomedical Research Excellence in the Epigenomics of Development and Disease
- Center of Excellence for Host-Pathogen Interactions
- North Dakota IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)
- Rural Health Reform Policy Research Center
- Seven Generations Center of Excellence in Native Behavioral Health
- Clinical Centers
- Service Centers
- Center for Rural Health
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Center
- Mobile Simulation (SIM-ND)
- National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- North Dakota Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub)
- Rural Surgery Support Program
- Simulation Center
- About Us
Graduate Medical Education Committee
The Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC) shall:
- Provide oversight of all graduate medical education programs within the School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Ensure that all graduate medical education programs are in compliance with their accrediting organizations, including the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
- Voting Membership: Voting members shall reflect the number of residency programs sponsored by the School, shall comply with the requirements of the ACGME and shall be composed of at least the following:
- The Designated Institutional Official (DIO), appointed by the Dean. The DIO shall be the Chair of the Committee.
- The program director from each of its ACGME-accredited programs or assistant/associate program director when program director is absent.
- One resident/fellow or one resident/fellow alternate of each ACGME-accredited residency/fellowship program, elected by the residents/fellows of each program.
- Nonvoting Membership/Advisory:
- The program coordinator of each sponsored residency program.
- Associate or Assistant Deans, as appointed by the Dean.
- One member representing each major participating site will be offered the opportunity to serve on GMEC, appointed by the chief executive of the participating site.
The GMEC shall report all actions and recommendations to FAC and the Dean.
The GMEC shall meet at least quarterly and keep written minutes.
(Source: UND SMHS Bylaws, 2017)
- the ACGME accreditation status of the Sponsoring Institution and each of its ACGME-accredited programs;
- the quality of the GME learning and working environment within the Sponsoring Institution, each of its ACGME-accredited programs, and its participating sites;
- the quality of educational experiences in each ACGME-accredited program that lead to measurable achievement of educational outcomes as identified in the ACGME Common and specialty/subspecialty-specific Program Requirements;
- the ACGME-accredited program(s)’ annual evaluation and improvement activities; and, all processes related to reductions and closures of individual ACGME-accredited programs, major participating sites, and the Sponsoring Institution.
Review and approval of:
- institutional GME policies and procedures;
- annual recommendations to the Sponsoring Institution’s administration regarding resident/fellow stipends and benefits;
- applications for ACGME accreditation of new programs;
- requests for permanent changes in resident/fellow complement;
- major changes in each of its ACGME-accredited programs’ structure or duration of education;
- additions and deletions of each of its ACGME-accredited programs’ participating sites;
- appointment of new program directors;
- progress reports requested by a Review Committee;
- responses to Clinical Learning Environment Review
- (CLER) reports;
- requests for exceptions to duty hour requirements;
- voluntary withdrawal of ACGME program accreditation;
- requests for appeal of an adverse action by a Review Committee; and, (Core)
- appeal presentations to an ACGME Appeals Panel.
(Source: ACGME Institutional Requirements, 2015)