- Campus Offices
- Continuing Medical Education
- Degree Programs
- Education Resources
- Indians Into Medicine
- Interprofessional Education
- Library Resources
- Simulation Center
- Residency Programs
- Areas of Research
- Grant Resources
- Research Experience for Medical Students (REMS)
- Research Centers
- Center for Comparative Effectiveness Analytics
- Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research (CHPPR)
- Center for Neurodegenerative Disorder Research
- Center of Biomedical Research Excellence in the Epigenomics of Development and Disease
- Center of Excellence for Host-Pathogen Interactions
- North Dakota IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)
- Rural Health Reform Policy Research Center
- Seven Generations Center of Excellence in Native Behavioral Health
- Clinical Centers
- Service Centers
- Center for Rural Health
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Center
- Mobile Simulation (SIM-ND)
- National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- North Dakota Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub)
- Rural Surgery Support Program
- Simulation Center
- About Us
Welcome to Medical Laboratory Science.
Background of MLS Program
The Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) Program at the University of North Dakota's School of Medicine and Health Sciences is one of the largest, most innovative, and far reaching, fully accredited programs in the nation. The University of North Dakota has offered a degree in medical laboratory science since 1949.
In addition to traditional Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science degree offerings, UND's MLS program has a cohort program with the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and affiliation agreements with higher education institutions in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Arizona and Montana. The program has over 70 clinical affiliates in 15 states. The Department of MLS offers programs that issue a bachelor's degree and/or certificate in MLS through 6 different routes of study including Traditional (2+2), Western College Alliance (WCAMLS), Second Bachelor's Degree (4+1), MLT to MLS, Categorical and the Mayo cohort, as well as certificates in Histotechnology. Students are able to complete coursework at both a Bachelor's and Master's level online nationwide.
We welcome you and invite you to explore all that our fine program has to offer.
The MLS program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), which is located at 5600 N River Road Suite 720 Rosemont IL, 60018-5119.