- Campus Offices
- Continuing Medical Education
- Degree Programs
- Education Resources
- Indians Into Medicine
- Interprofessional Education
- Library Resources
- Simulation Center
- Residency Programs
- Areas of Research
- Grant Resources
- Research Experience for Medical Students (REMS)
- Research Centers
- Center for Comparative Effectiveness Analytics
- Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research (CHPPR)
- Center for Neurodegenerative Disorder Research
- Center of Biomedical Research Excellence in the Epigenomics of Development and Disease
- Center of Excellence for Host-Pathogen Interactions
- North Dakota IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)
- Rural Health Reform Policy Research Center
- Seven Generations Center of Excellence in Native Behavioral Health
- Clinical Centers
- Service Centers
- Center for Rural Health
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Center
- Mobile Simulation (SIM-ND)
- National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- North Dakota Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- North Dakota Tobacco Quitline
- Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub)
- Rural Surgery Support Program
- Simulation Center
- About Us
- Financial Assistance
- Student Stories
- CEPH Accreditation
- Study in Norway
- Why Public Health
- Program Description
- Mission & Goals
- CEPH Accreditation
- Graduate Certificates
- Study in Norway
- MPH Bulletin
- Student Stories
These resources can help to enrich your experience as an MPH student and jumpstart your career!
Job Listings & Job Search Sites
Last Updated: September 20, 2017
Associate Evaluator, Professional Data Analysts, Inc
Consultant, Manatt Health
New York, NY
Onsite Health Educator, Cigna
Locations throughout the US
Prevention Health Specialist, RiverStone Health
Community Health Educator, University of Miami Cancer Center
Coral Gables, FL
Community Outreach Specialist, Links Global
Salt Lake City, UT
SNAP Outreach, Second Harvest Heartland
Twin Cities, MN
Program Specialist, National Jewish Health
Freelance Biostatisticians/Epidemiologists, ScienceDocs
Remote work, MN
Program Analyst, Public Health Foundation Enterprises
Community Health Coordinator, Sebasticook Valley Hospital
Adjuncts - Public Health, Northampton Community College
Health Program Analyst I, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
Los Angeles County, CA
Community Field Specialist, STD Prevention
San Francisco, CA
Health Program Coordinator, Los Angeles County Health Services
Los Angeles, CA
Program Evaluator, Southcentral Foundation
Program Coordinator, Sidney & Lois Eskenazi Health
Job Search Sites
Emory Public Health Job Database - http://cfusion.sph.emory.edu/
PublicHealthJobs.org - www.publichealthjobs.org
Public Health CareerMart - http://apha.org/professional-development/public-health-careermart
Minneapolis-area Public Health Organizations (via Macalester College)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - https://jobs.cdc.gov/
epimonitor Job Bank - http://www.epimonitor.net/JobBank.htm
Indeed - Entry Level Public Health Jobs
Preparing Your Curriculum Vitae - Association of American Medical Colleges
Resume Writing - Rockport Institute
UND Career Services - Resume, Cover Letter, Interview, Networking, References, Job Search Resources
Practicums & Fellowships
Fellowships and Internships (via Global Health Corps)
Certified in Public Health (CPH) Exam
Become Certified in Public Health!
Students and Alumni of the UND MPH Program are eligible to sit for the Certified in Public Health (CPH) Exam. Read about why you should get certified, the exam, and how to study at nbphe.org .
Benefits of being CPH (from nbphe.org)
- Stay current on best practices and education through the user-friendly maintenance of certification program
- Assure the community which you serve/protect that you've met and maintain a national, professional standard
- Increase recognition of the public health professions
- Demonstrate commitment to public health beyond your academic training
- Show public health expertise by evidencing mastery of the core sciences of public health
- Protect the public by staying current in public health
- Distinguish yourself from others
- Advance cohesiveness and collaboration with your professional peers by starting from a common foundation
- Raise the visibility of public health
UND Office of Extended Learning
Personal and professional development
UND School of Graduate Studies
"Our Grad Community"
UND Office of International Programs
Supporting international education, facilitating study abroad opportunities, supporting UND's international population including students, faculty, scholars and dependents, and promoting opportunities for international cultural awareness.
Public Health Resources
American Public Health Association
The American Public Health Association is the oldest and most diverse organization of public health professionals in the world and has been working to improve health since 1872.
Council on Education for Public Health
"The Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) is an independent agency recognized by the US Department of Education to accredit schools of public health and public health programs offered in settings other than schools of public health. These schools and programs prepare students for entry into careers in public health. The primary professional degree is the Master of Public Health (MPH) but other master’s and doctoral degrees are offered as well."
Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce
"Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce is a collaboration of U.S. government agencies, public health organizations, and health sciences libraries which provides timely, convenient access to selected public health resources on the Internet."
North Dakota Public Health Association
The mission of NDPHA is to improve, promote, and protect health for residents of North Dakota through leadership in policy, partnerships, and best practices. Student membership is FREE for the first year.
Grand Forks Public Health Department
The Grand Forks Health Department serves as a key health agency responsible for health promotion and disease prevention services for the City and County of Grand Forks, North Dakota.
North Dakota Department of Health
The North Dakota Department of Health provides many resources, including an Health Indicator Dashboard, health alerts, news releases and job postings.
North Dakota Rural Health Association
The North Dakota Rural Health Association brings together diverse interests and provide a unified voice to promote and enhance the quality of rural health through leadership, advocacy, coalition building, education and communication.
Society for Public Health Education
"SOPHE is a 501 (c)(3) professional organization founded in 1950 to provide global leadership to the profession of health education and health promotion and to promote the health of all people by: stimulating research on the theory and practice of health education; supporting high quality performance standards for the practice of health education and health promotion; advocating policy and legislation affecting health education and health promotion; and developing and promoting standards for professional preparation of health education professionals."
Online Masters in Public Health
An online directory and educational resource for masters in public health students.
MPH Programs List
The largest student public health education website featuring scholarships, internships, training, jobs and careers, interviews and more.
100 Things you Can Do with a Masters in Public Health
Read about the varied career options in public health as well as compare careers and salaries.