- Campus Offices
- Continuing Medical Education
- Degree Programs
- Education Resources
- Indians Into Medicine
- Interprofessional Education
- Library Resources
- Simulation Center
- Residency Programs
- Areas of Research
- Grant Resources
- Research Experience for Medical Students (REMS)
- Research Centers
- Center for Comparative Effectiveness Analytics
- Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research (CHPPR)
- Center for Neurodegenerative Disorder Research
- Center of Biomedical Research Excellence in the Epigenomics of Development and Disease
- Center of Excellence for Host-Pathogen Interactions
- North Dakota IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)
- Rural Health Reform Policy Research Center
- Clinical Centers
- Service Centers
- Center for Rural Health
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Center
- Mobile Simulation (SIM-ND)
- National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- North Dakota Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub)
- Rural Surgery Support Program
- Simulation Center
- About Us
1. KNOW YOUR "IDM"
UND's Identity Management system is used to determine who a person is and, based on their affiliation with UND, what services they should have access to, e.g. e-mail, learning management, campus network, other. IDM also helps to safeguard private information, requiring fewer sign-ons and passwords, and reusing identifying information rather than having each service provider recreate it. Most resources at UND that you log in to will use your IDM. They include but are not limited to: Employee Self Service, Blackboard, Library Resources and others.
In most but not all cases, your idm is your firstname.lastname Another way to remember your IDM is that it is the first part of your email address. In this example, email@example.com would have an IDM of jane.doe
2. EMAIL –CHECK OR FORWARD YOUR EMAIL
All UND correspondence will be sent to this address so be sure you are checking and/or forwarding this email address. Instructions for forwarding can be found here. This site also contains instructions on setting up your med.und.edu account on a mobile device.
NOTE---USING UND E-MAIL FOR PERSONAL USE
You are strongly discouraged from using your UND E-Mail for personal business (Facebook, eBay, friends, family) as you will lose this account when you graduate.
NOTE: You will NEVER EVER be asked for personal information such as passwords, social security numbers, bank account numbers in an email. These are scams.
Wireless access is available on all UND SMHS campuses. If you need assistance, please contact 7-5046 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In purchasing a laptop, or setting up your home computer, you will want to be sure that you have a current anti-virus program that has UPDATED DEFINITIONS. Many machines that you purchase today have an anti-virus program loaded, but after 90 days (or on some up to a year), you will pay a yearly fee to update your definitions. Microsoft Security Essentials is free for download at Microsoft Security Essentials.
5. VIDEO CONFERENCING
If you are interested in doing any video conferencing, we do have a variety of capabilities available. Please contact Brandon Thorvilson at (701) 777-2329 to set up any video conferences.
6. STUDENT LAB
There is a computer lab available at each UND SMHS campus. Please do not save your documents on this machine. Save to a jump drive.
If you need assistance, please feel free to contact Information Technology Services 777-5046 or email us at :email@example.com