- Campus Offices
- Continuing Medical Education
- Degree Programs
- Education Resources
- Indians Into Medicine
- Interprofessional Education
- Library Resources
- Simulation Center
- Residency Programs
- Areas of Research
- Grant Resources
- Research Experience for Medical Students (REMS)
- Research Centers
- Center for Comparative Effectiveness Analytics
- Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research (CHPPR)
- Center for Neurodegenerative Disorder Research
- Center of Biomedical Research Excellence in the Epigenomics of Development and Disease
- Center of Excellence for Host-Pathogen Interactions
- North Dakota IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)
- Rural Health Reform Policy Research Center
- Clinical Centers
- Service Centers
- Center for Rural Health
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Center
- Mobile Simulation (SIM-ND)
- National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- North Dakota Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub)
- Rural Surgery Support Program
- Simulation Center
- About Us
- eRA Commons and ASSIST
- Grants.gov and Workspace
- NSF Fastlane
- NIH Salary Cap
- Cost Share/Matching
- Program Income
Once a sponsored project is approaching its end date, there are certain options and procedures that will help bring the project to an orderly and successful completion. These procedures are listed below. No routing form is needed to close a project.
1. Review the budget for funds available.
- If the amount remaining will be enough to cover completion of the project, and the project is scheduled to be completed on time, proceed as planned.
- If the amount remaining is adequate, but the time remaining is not, a no-cost extension may be an available option. Please contact Grants Management to help you proceed with this end date extension.
- If the amount remaining is not adequate, or if particular budget line items require adjustment, please contact Grants Management to clarify the necessary procedures.
- If the amount remaining is substantial, and it appears that you will have a significant balance at the end of the project, please contact Grants Management to clarify the necessary procedures.
2. If you are awaiting a no-cost extension or next year’s award notice, please contact Grants Management to complete a memo requesting that this project be switched to a “temporary” status until the receipt of the no-cost extension or award notice.
3. Process payroll revision forms to transfer salary appointments to alternative sources of funding.
4. Make sure that the UND Postal Services and Telecommunications offices have been notified of an alternative source of funding.
5. Submit purchases in order for them to be processed prior to the project termination date.
6. Review all outstanding orders. If there are potential problems regarding delivery, payment, or acceptance of the items, please contact Grants Management.
7. Review any outstanding encumbrances to make sure they are paid in full or returned to available budget for final payment of any other outstanding expenses.
8. Review all Subcontracts to finalize payment within deadlines.
9. If cost share is required for your project, review the cost share commitments to ensure that the required obligation will be met.
Make sure all final reports including the final progress report and the final invention statement (whether or not the funded project resulted in any inventions) are filed by the due date.
UND Grants & Contracts Administration will submit the final financial report.