- Campus Offices
- Continuing Medical Education
- Degree Programs
- Education Resources
- Indians Into Medicine
- Interprofessional Education
- Library Resources
- Simulation Center
- Residency Programs
- Areas of Research
- Grant Resources
- Research Experience for Medical Students (REMS)
- Research Centers
- Center for Comparative Effectiveness Analytics
- Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research (CHPPR)
- Center for Neurodegenerative Disorder Research
- Center of Biomedical Research Excellence in the Epigenomics of Development and Disease
- Center of Excellence for Host-Pathogen Interactions
- North Dakota IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)
- Rural Health Reform Policy Research Center
- Seven Generations Center of Excellence in Native Behavioral Health
- Clinical Centers
- Service Centers
- Center for Rural Health
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Center
- Mobile Simulation (SIM-ND)
- National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- North Dakota Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- North Dakota Tobacco Quitline
- Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub)
- Rural Surgery Support Program
- Simulation Center
- About Us
The NIH eRA Commons is a web-based system that allows NIH extramural grantee organizations, grantees, and the public to receive and transmit information electronically about the administration of research. The eRA Commons website can be found at https://commons.era.nih.gov/commons/.
To be able to use the NIH eRA Commons you must be registered as a user. Contact UND Grants & Contracts Administration for information about registering at 777-4151.
The NIH eRA Commons is organized into sections. Depending upon the privileges/roles granted to you, you may view and access the following sections:
The Account Administration section lets institution officials create and manage user accounts associated with the institution.
The Institution Profile (IPF) section lets institution officials maintain the institution information on file at the NIH, including the organizational hierarchy.
The Personal Profile (PPF) section lets users maintain their personal information on file at the NIH (including information such as degrees, publications, and contact information).
This section lets Principal Investigators (PIs) review the current status of all their grant applications and review detailed information associated with the grant. Signing Officials (SOs) or Administrative Officials (AOs) associated with the institution are able to see a summary view of grant applications, review Notices of Grant Award, and access Progress Report face pages.
The electronic Streamlined Non-competing Award Process (eSNAP) section lets extramural grantee institutions submit electronic versions of Type 5 (non-competitive) progress reports to the grants management community.
The Internet Assisted Review (IAR) section lets reviewers submit critiques of grant applications and view each other's reviews before the actual meeting. Scientific Review Administrators (SRAs) and Grants Technical Assistants (GTAs) are able to view all critiques and generate preliminary score reports and pre-summary statement bodies.
The Financial Status Report (FSR) is a statement of expenditures sent to the sponsor of a grant or contract. This section lets Grant and Contract Accounting (GCA) prepare and submit an FSR on behalf of the Principal Investigator (PI).
The electronic Trainee Activities System (X-Train) section lets Program Directors (PDs) of grantee institutions create and update trainee appointments.
This section provides links to websites that provide information about the NIH eRA Commons and related applications.
This section provides online Help for all aspects of using the NIH eRA Commons.