- Campus Offices
- Continuing Medical Education
- Degree Programs
- Education Resources
- Indians Into Medicine
- Interprofessional Education
- Library Resources
- Simulation Center
- Residency Programs
- Areas of Research
- Grant Resources
- Research Experience for Medical Students (REMS)
- Research Centers
- Center for Comparative Effectiveness Analytics
- Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research (CHPPR)
- Center for Neurodegenerative Disorder Research
- Center of Biomedical Research Excellence in the Epigenomics of Development and Disease
- Center of Excellence for Host-Pathogen Interactions
- North Dakota IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)
- Rural Health Reform Policy Research Center
- Seven Generations Center of Excellence in Native Behavioral Health
- Clinical Centers
- Service Centers
- Center for Rural Health
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Center
- Mobile Simulation (SIM-ND)
- National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
- North Dakota Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- North Dakota Tobacco Quitline
- Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub)
- Rural Surgery Support Program
- Simulation Center
- About Us
The Office of Alumni and Community Relations has created a HOST Program (Housing our Medical Students as they Travel) for the UND School of Medicine and Health Sciences. The program matches SMHS medical school alumni across the country with 4th year medical students traveling for residency interviews in late fall/winter. This program aims first and foremost to save med students lodging costs and to put them in touch with alums may be just a year or two ahead of them in the residency program.
Alumni volunteers can participate in this program in a number of ways: by opening their homes to a student (and possible spouse) for an overnight stay of one to two days and/or agreeing to speak with students who have questions about the residency program or the community where they are interviewing. Although not required, meals, transportation and tours may also be offered by the hosting alumni.
Students looking for host
If you are a student looking for lodging during residency interviews, please complete the Student Registration Form at least 14 business days before your scheduled interview.
Alumni interested in hosting students
If you are an alum interested in volunteering for this program, please fill out the Alumni Volunteer form. We will contact you if we have a student traveling to your area.
For more information about the program, please contact Jessica Sobolik, (701) 777-6048, firstname.lastname@example.org.